It is aimed at students from 4 years of age, with two 45-minute sessions per week during midday recess.
- Initiating and developing physical qualities, overall strengthening flexibility and coordination.
- Working on the specific elements of Rhythmic Gymnastics: balance, jumps, flexibility and turnings.
- Working on the specific skills of Rhythmic Gymnastics: ball, hoop, clubs, ribbon and rope.
- Working on the specific acrobatic elements of Rhythmic Gymnastics: somersaults and handstands.
- Promoting routine creation activities.
The purchase of the Rhythmic Gymnastics pack starts from the 1st Year of Primary School. From that year, students will change clothes in the sports centre with their instructor before the activity. 4 and 5-year old female students will remove their skirts to do the activities in thick woollen tights.
It is provisional, subject to any alteration which will be duly communicated.
In Pre-School, the maximum number of participants per group is 16, it being 20 for Primary School ones.